WAKE UP, WARM UP AND GET UP
SIMPLE THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING – Yogi Bhajan, March 1992
If before getting up and before opening your eyes, you spend one minute doing the following things, you will preserve your health and prevent disease.
- Clench your fingers.
- Move your shoulders in a circle.
- Tense and release your lower back.
- Point your toes.
- With your hands flat at your sides, stretch your whole body.
- Curl around inuously, like a snake, 3 inches left and right.
- Put the palms of your hands over your eyes, open your eyes while your hands are covering them, and then slowly move your hands forward and away from your eyes. In theis way your eyes become gently introduced to the first light of day.
- Massage your mouth and face with the pamls of both hands.
- Cat stretch left and right.
- Raise your head up slowly and pull your knees up to your chest.
Now get up and enjoy your day. This routine is very helpful on those days when you have to get up and you don’t want to.
From The Kundalini Yoga Manual: Physical wisdom: Kundalini yoga by Harbhajan Singh Khalsa