To adjust the meridians in the body (channels of energy.) Got this from my teacher Harijiwan. It’s a favorite kundalini yoga set of his and goes hand in hand with the hip set. Makes a great warm-up. Takes only about 5-6 minutes and is also a great de-stress exercise for the office.
Taught by Yogi Bhajan at Children’s Camp, Ram Das Puri, New Mexico
- 1. Arms in front of the chest perpendicular to the ground, bent at the elbow, like in prayer pose. Hands point straight up. Clap the hands and hit the inside of the arms together from the wrist to the elbow. Continuous movement. Time: 1 minute.
- 2. Thumbs inside the fists. Fists by navel point with the inner wrist facing in. Alternatively hit the side of the lower stomach with the fists. Fast. Like horses galloping. Time: 30 seconds.
- 3. Thumbs inside fists. Inhale up and hit the upper chest. Exhale down and hit the inner thighs. Rapid movement. Time: 30 seconds.
- 4. Clap hands in front of face and hit top of left shoulder with right fist and top of right shoulder with left fist at the same time. Alternate arms in front. Fast movement. Time 30 seconds.
- 5. Karate chop back of neck with alternate hands. Palms face down; hit with little finger side of the hands. Time: 1 minute 15 seconds.
- 6. Clap hands in front of face and hit underneath cheek bone with heel of hand. Time: 30 seconds.
- 1. Clap hands and hit elbows and upper arms against the side the body. Time: 30 seconds.
Relax and breathe